Monday 18 February 2013

What is Reality? What is Truth? What is Love?

How would you answer these questions in a world where we are taught that everyone has their own reality, truth is relative and love can be whatever you want to make it?

This was the beginning of my Reality Check Seminar.  Although I had read up on what the seminar was about that hadn't prepared me for the questions and thinking that would be posed for me to wrestle with! 

Reality Check is a week long seminar that is being run on my YWAM base here in South Africa. I had heard that it was happening in February (a month that I would be in SA for! :) and was eager to learn more about it. I found out that it was hosted by The Template Institute whose founder also wrote the book, 'The Old Testament Template', which I quoted in my last blog. From what I understand, this seminar was 'designed to help Christians rediscover God’s principles for every sphere of life' and so far it is definitely accomplishing that goal!

Today has been mind boggling! We have done so much in just the first day! We went from looking at the 8 different 'Spheres of Society' to reading through Genesis 1 and pulling out characteristics of God to color coding Proverbs and then onto meditating on Romans 12v1-2 with a whole lot of other exciting things thrown in the day! I never thought my mind could receive so much new information in such a short amount of time. Thankfully we have the evening off so we can read the book, 'The Old Testament Template', finish color coding a few chapters in Proverbs, and mediate, or should I say wrestle, with all the thought provoking questions that were asked!

This is certainly not going to be an easy week but it will definitely be a challenging, thought provoking and transformational one! I started the day thinking that God was really just involved in the Church and Missions but after today I've already seen that He is involved in EVERYTHING, every area of our lives and our world! It was so eye opening to read through scriptures and see God's character, His view on how family should function, how government and politics work, how the media & arts could be... I had never realized how involved God was in all of these things and that He talks about ALL OF THEM in the Bible!!! We have such a cool God! He's incredible and wants us to be involved in the world around us and have His view on the world so we can bring His Kingdom to every area of living!!! What a task--- but I'm up for it!

 

 Romans 12v1-2 "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment